Monday, February 26, 2007

West Bank Story -2006-

WINNER: Short Film
West Bank Story
Ari Sandel
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
And on another note, I know a lot of people in America are probably watching and asking, "What are the short films?" Well, a lot of them are made by directors who are trying to get noticed and I think in a lot of ways we represent the little guy because we don't have big studios behind us or big name actors or a lot of times the budgets we need and it relies on perseverance and stick-to-itiveness and hustle and dedication and loyalty from a cast and crew who are doing it for pennies if not for nothing, so I'd be remiss if I were to take this award and not thank my co-writer Kim Ray, my producers Pascal Vaguelsy, Amy Kim, Ashley Jordan, Ravi Malhotra and my composer Yuval Ron.

And last but not least, the two people who never doubted me even when I doubted myself, my mother who's here in the audience, Kathy and my father Dan, who's watching. I love you. Thank you.

No comments: