Monday, February 26, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's chest -2006-

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
WINNER: Visual Effects
John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson and Allen Hall
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
John Knoll: You know the naysayers said that four blind kids from the Bronx couldn't make it in visual effects, but here we are. First, I got to thank Jerry Bruckheimer for entrusting us with this great, big project. Thanks to Gore Verbinski, your vast imagination, your humor, your tireless work ethic, and that's why we're up here. Thank you.

Bill Nighy, thanks for being such a wonderful partner in creating this character. Sorry about the deeply embarrassing computer pajamas, but we think it was worth it. And thanks to the crew.

Hal Hickel: My son Lex Addison. The pinkie promise worked. OK, bud. Thanks very much. I love you.
SPECIAL ONLINE THANKS
John Knoll:
The enormous crew at ILM that worked so hard and poured all of their talent into this project -- thank you!

Hal Hickel:
My mother Betsy Corbett for her love and support.
My brother Schell Hickel for his inspiration as an artist.
My dad Steve Hickel who I know would be proud.

Charles Gibson:
Asylum
The Orphanage
C.I.S.
Pacific Title

Allen Hall:
I would like to thank Gore, Jerry, Bruce, Doug, Eric.
I would like to thank Bill Moran for being so helpful and such a great partner.
Thanks to the Florida crew, the Bahamian crew, and the Jeffs and Bob Williams for all their hard effort.

No comments: