Monday, February 26, 2007

Dreamgirls real -2006-

WINNER: Actress in a supporting role

Jennifer Hudson
Dreamgirls
ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
Oh my God. I have to just take this moment in. I cannot believe this. Look what God can do. If my grandmother ... I didn't think I was going to win but, wow, if my grandmother was here to see me now. She was my biggest inspiration for everything because she was a singer and she had the passion for it but she never had the chance. And that was the thing that pushed me forward to continue. But I'm so grateful to have my mother here celebrating with me. My boyfriend, my sisters and my brothers back home, and then I've got two of them here. Thank you all for being here, and supporting me. I'd also like to thank Bill Condon, our director, who's a genius. Wow. Oh my God. Unbelievable cast. I'd like to thank the Academy. Definitely have to thank God again. I can't believe this. Wow, I don't know what to say but I thank you all for helping me keep the faith even when I didn't believe. Thank you and God bless you all. Jennifer Holliday, too.

No comments: